‘Campus 15’ – Student Apartments, 15 Hawthorn Rd, Caulfield
This adaptive reuse of a purpose built nursing home developed in the 1960’s. It had become redundant due to changing health regulations. Our client had purchased the site with a view to a new residential complex, however that proposal was unviable due to planning constraints on the site.
We proposed reuse of the site as student accommodation comprising 56 apartments. We negotiated a accommodation deal with Monash University nearby. Total project value $10mil.
ROLE & CLIENT
Role: Development and Project Manager
Client: Luska P/L
SCOPE OF SERVICES
- Develop master plan;
- Tender, contract and lead consultant team;
- Establish and manage budgets and programme, administer expenditure;
- Design management, concept through to documentation;
- Feasibility analysis scenario modelling and operational business case;
- Manage planning application through Glen Eira Council and VCAT;
- Establish and manage budgets and programme;
- Negotiate project debt construction funding;
- Tender and contract builder;
- Negotiate student and body corporate management with Monash University and management group.