‘The Consort’ – Mont Albert, Victoria
The acquisition into a joint venture of a site with an existing approval for ten townhouses, however the approved scheme was financially unviable. We redesigned the project master plan to make it financially bankable based on a new scheme that included four townhouses and twelve apartments over a basement car park.
After undertaking a tender process, it became obvious that the tender prices were in excess of the project budget. The new development scheme was originally designed with a concrete frame, however when we redesigned the building structure with an innovative timber frame structure, we were able to save over $10k per apartment. This made the project viable. Construction and handover was completed in 2008.
ROLE & CLIENT
Role: Development and Project Manager, Superintendent
Client: 350 Mont Albert Rd P/L
SCOPE OF SERVICES
- Establish joint venture partnership;
- Develop master plan;
- Design management, concept through to documentation;
- Feasibility analysis;
- Manage planning application process including VCAT appeal;
- Establish and manage budgets and programme;
- Develop and implement marketing and sales plans for pre-sales;
- Project management and superintendency during construction phase;
- Manage owner handover.