Timor Leste Embassy – Deakin, ACT
The Embassy for Timor Leste Fund was formed to raise the necessary funds, design, develop and deliver a new Canberra embassy for the Government of Timor Leste.
This Fund, a joint venture between Rotary Melbourne and Leadership Victoria, was administered by a board of directors as a NFP, for the period it took to instigate, develop, procure and complete the project.
ROLE & CLIENT
Role: Development Director, Project Manager, Superintendent
Client: The Embassy for Timor Leste Fund – a company limited by guarantee, established as the joint venture vehicle for Rotary Melbourne and Leadership Victoria
SCOPE OF SERVICES
- Drive legal establishment of the Fund corporate entity and structure;
- Assist in Board formation and act as ex-officio Board representative;
- Establish the submission case for deductible gift recipient (DGR) tax status;
- Drive the DGR case to the Australian Government including lobbying ministers and advisers from both sides of politics to gain Commonwealth DGR gazettal for the Fund;
- Develop, implement and manage a fundraising plan;
- Represent the Fund to ministers and representatives of the Australian Government and the Democratic Republic of Timor Leste;
- Draft and manage execution of Memorandum of Understanding between the Fund and the Democratic Republic of Timor Leste;
- Administer all expenditure for the Fund;
- Negotiate and contract the consultant team;
- Design manage the development and documentation of a Master plan and building designs;
- Prepare and manage programme and budget;
- Prepare and coordinate planning submissions;
- Drive approvals processes;
- Negotiate construction contract (Grocon – builder);
- Act as Superintendent under the Contract;
- Manage matters of public relations, publicity and press on the project;
- Report to the Board on all matters.